Slow-cooked Beef Ragu
Make Koallah Farm diced beef the hero with this classic home-style Beef Ragu
1kg Diced Beef
Plain Flour, Salt and Pepper
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Cloves garlic
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 400g can Diced Tomatoes
1 cup Beef Stock
1 tablespoon tomato Paste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 Preheat over to 170 degrees C (150C fan-forced)
2. Coat beef with salt, pepper to taste and plain flour
3. Heat half the oil in the pan and brown the beef on all sides in batches. Transfer beef to a bowl and set aside.
4. On low heat, add remaining oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft about 2 mins
5. Add carrot, thyme, tomatoes, stock and stir through for 3-4 mins
6. Return beef to the pan and bring to the boil.
7. Transfer to a casserole dish, cover and bake for 3 hours until meat is tender and sauce has reduced.
8. Serve with any of your favourites, Rice, Pasta or Cous Cous.