Forequarter Chop Irish Stew
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 1/5 kg lamb forequater chops (cut in half)
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 3 unit onion (sliced)
- 3 unit carrot (peeled, sliced)
- 1 unit swede (peeled, diced)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 3 cup beef stock (liquid)
- 1 kg potato (peeled, thickly sliced)
- 1/3 cup parsley (chopped)
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a bag with the lamb chops and shake.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sear chops on both sides.
- Place chops in slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, swede and thyme.
- In the same frying pan, cook the onions for 3 minutes and then add the tomato paste, cooking for 2 minutes. Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil. Pour into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Remove bones before serving and stir through parsley.
Recipe from kidspot.com.au