- 6 sheets puff pastry
- 1kg sausage mince
- 1-2 large onions grated
- 4 carrots grated
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Grate onions and carrots. Drain off excess moisture.
- In a large bowl combine onions, carrots, 2 eggs, sausage meat, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Adjust amount of breadcrumbs depending on moistness of mix.
- Lay out pastry sheets and cut in half.
- Shape mince mixture into a sausage and place along 1 long edge of pastry.
- Brush one edge of pastry with whisked egg to seal.
- Roll up pastry to enclose mince mixture. Cut roll into 4. Place, seam side down, on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining mince mixture and pastry.
- Brush remaining whisked egg over tops of sausage rolls.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and pastry has puffed.