Lamb Cutlets with Carrot Puree
For the cutlets
- 25ml olive oil
- lamb cutlets
- 100g dried breadcrumbs
- small handful parsley, finely chopped
- sprinkle of dried oregano, to garnish
For the carrot puree
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 20g butter
- 15ml olive oil
- Start by preparing the carrot purée; boil the carrots in a large saucepan of salted water until tender; usually 10-12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a food processor, then add the olive oil, butter and some seasoning. Pulse until it forms a thick purée. Transfer to a bowl and set to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Brush the lamb cutlets with the remaining olive oil and season well.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on both sides of the lamb chops, packing lightly to make them stick. Arrange on a lined baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Reheat the purée in a saucepan over a low heat at the same time. Remove the lamb from the oven when ready and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon the purée onto plates and arrange two cutlets alongside.