Moroccan Beef with Couscous
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g blade or chuck steak, diced 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for 4 minutes or until golden.
- Add meat to pan and cook for 5 minutes or until sealed.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, cinnamon, coriander, stock and oregano to pan and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
Cook couscous as per pack instructions.
To serve place couscous in bowls and serve with beef.